Christmas lighting decorations Maths learning activity set - HKD 70 (postage included)
I have designed and made this activity for our little ones to play and learn during the Christmas and New Year holidays.
There are many ways to play and learn with this set:
For younger toddlers:
- practice simple counting 1-10 by clipping the right amount of light bulbs onto the rope (as shown in Picture 1)
For older children:
- practice counting 11-20 by clipping the right amount of light bulbs onto the rope
- pracitce addition
1) you can simply set up the addition problem (e.g. 1 + 4 =? as shown in Picture 2) and ask you kid to clip the right amount of light bulbs onto the rope, and count the total
2) Play a game by asking your kid to throw a dice twice to get 2 numbers and use them as the numbers in your addition problem (e.g. he/she got "1" and "6" from throwing the dice, and so you can set up the number cards 1 + 6 = ?) and ask your kid to solve it by clipping the correct amount of bulbs
3) Apart from using the light bulbs you can also use the wooden pegs for solving the addition maths problem (as shown in Picture 3)
There are also other ways to play:
- practice counting by laying out the number cards (for example, 1 - 10, as shown in picture) and ask your little one to place the item next to the cards. You can use anything you can find in your house (empty toilet rolls, socks, colouring pencils etc) or anything your little one likes (cars, dinosaurs, pom poms etc)
- practice counting AND fine motor skill by clipping the correct amount of wooden pegs onto the number cards (e.g. clip 3 pegs on the Number card 3)
- Call out a number and ask your kiddo to look for the number card
- ask your little one to put the number cards in order
- Missing number game; lay out number cards 1 - 5 but without the number 4, for example, and ask your little one which number is missing
- Memory game; show him/her a few cards and turn them over, ask what numbers he/she saw
- simple addition and subtraction
What is included:
- 45 number cards (approximately 9.5cm x 13.5cm)
(2 sets of number cards "0" to "20, for addition and subtraction purpose (so you can do "1" + "1" = "2"), i.e. 42 cards in total)
(3 cards as the symbols "+", "-", and "=")
- 20 light bulbs (10 green and 10 red) (around 5cm x 9cm)
- 20 wooden pegs (size around 4.5cm long)
- 1 piece of rope (around 60cm long)
- This is NOT a commercially available product / activity that you buy from a toy shop. The activity is designed by me. All cards were made by my myself where I designed, printed and laminated them.
- The "light bulbs" are hand cut by myself so the shape and size might vary a little.
- Cards are water resistant but should not be immersed in water.